Frequently Asked Questions
Enviromat call be installed at any time of year and in any weather except frost and snow. Points to bear in mind though to get the best out of your Enviromat are:
- If you are buying in rolls, they must be unfurled within 8 hours of delivery (sooner in hot weather!) otherwise the plants will start to die.
- For the plants to settle themselves properly in their new home, Enviromat will need to be watered every day for at least 2 weeks after installation. In high summer, they will probably appreciate being watered twice a day.
- Enviromat is mown on the production fields to speed up growth and to minimise damage to the plants when they are in transit. You will increase the chances of your Enviromat flowering in its first season if you install it in September/October, let it overwinter and then apply a slow-release fertilizer in late March or early April.
The principal ingredients of good lawn fertilisers are a combination of nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P) and potassium (K). These are the essential nutrients which the grass uses up quickly and which need replenishing. But what do they actually do?
Nitrogen helps to promote sturdy plants, giving strong shoots and leaves and dense growth which helps to reduce competition from weeds
Phosphorus helps the grass to establish and grow strong root systems.
Potassium reduces the impact of stress on the plant by giving it resistance to drought, disease, wear and tear and cold weather.
- Pre-Turfing Fertiliser: To help your Q Lawns turf to put down roots, establish speedily and grow on to become a strong, healthy lawn
- Spring and Summer Lawn Feed: For use on established lawns, Spring and Summer Lawn Feed contains all the nutrients your lawn needs while the roots and leaves are growing fast. Applying Spring and Summer Lawn Feed every 6-8 weeks during the growing season as part of your lawncare programme, will help your lawn recover from the wear and tear of everyday use, resist drought and disease, and generally be something to be proud of.
- Autumn and Winter Feed: Low in Nitrogen but high in phosphates, Autumn and Winter Feed helps the plants to build the strong and healthy roots, which will encourage healthy growth through the spring and summer.